Job Reference: J563142
Updated On: 03/07/2019
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Head of Technical Operations
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Head of Technical Operations to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Leicestershire area. As the Head of Technical Operations you will be responsible for a number of core business functions which will assist with a range of diverse projects such as the introduction of new products, new manufacturing technologies and new business processes and facility/utility modification projects.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Head of Technical Operations will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. To develop and maintain the organisational structures within the Technical Support and Process Engineering functions ensuring there is effective leadership, skills and resources within each group to support the development of a high performing solid dose manufacturing environment. In doing so you will support the identification of new process technologies, providing input into decision-making around vendor selection, as well as build the correct talent to do so.
2. You will oversee the introduction of new GMP process equipment into Manufacturing Operations, ensuring that commissioning, validation and training are well co-ordinated with various stakeholders including business development.
3. As the Head of Technical Operations you will assist in the implementation of the Quality Management System (QMS) within Manufacturing Operations and play a key leadership role in the design and implementation of process improvements within Manufacturing Operations.
4. You will report to the Site Director playing a key role on the site leadership team, supporting the growth of the site, setting and monitoring key performance indicators and ensuring adherence to targets. In doing so you will play a lead role in business projects such as bringing additional capacity or new capabilities on-line and will assist in the technical assessment and securing of new business opportunities
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Head of Technical Operations we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in an engineering (i,e. Pharmaceutical Engineering, Process Engineering) or life sciences (Pharmaceutical Technology, Pharmaceutical Management) discipline with proven record of accomplishment in developing drug product manufacturing processes and involvement in GMP manufacturing operations. Those with experience in an oral solid dose pharmaceutical environment will be of particular interest.
2. A proven track record of accomplishment in developing drug product manufacturing processes and involvement in GMP manufacturing operations, with experience in the technical transfer, scale-up and process validation of new drug products.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with the design, procurement and qualification of a wide range of oral solid dose manufacturing equipment.
Key Words: Technical Operations / Operations Leadership / Solid Dose Products / Pharmaceutical Management / GMP / Technical Transfer / Drug Product / Scale Up / Pharmaceutical Services
Other jobs with similar skills
Middlesex | £60,000 - £70,000 per annum
Hyper Recruitment Solutions (HRS) are currently searching for a Technical Manager to join a global pharmaceutical company based in the Middlesex area. As the Technical Manager you will be a subject ma...Science
View & Apply
Edinburgh, Mid Lothian | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Production Manager to join a biotechnology company based in the Edinburgh area. As the Production Manager you will be responsible for managing manufacturing activiti...Science
View & Apply