J5630551AngusPharmaceutical CRO/CMO PermanentCompetitiveFull Time23/11/2018DMPK Bioanalytical Pharmacology Pharmacology – In vivo Pharmacology – in vitro Toxicology Operations Operations – Leadership Pre Clinical Research Management
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Bioanalysis Scientist Are you an experienced bioanalysis scientist looking for an exciting new job opportunity?We are currently looking for a Bioanalysis Scientist to join ... View Job
Senior Study Diretor (in vivo) Are you an experienced senior study director looking for a new exciting job opportunity?We are currently looking for a Senior Study Director (in vivo)... View Job
Bioanalytical Scientist Are you an experienced bioanalysis scientist looking for an exciting new job opportunity?We are currently looking for a Bioanalysis Scientist to join ... View Job
We currently have a fantastic opportunity available for a Head of Toxicology Operations to join a growing life sciences company based in the Dundee area. The Head of Toxicology Operations is a pivotal role within the company's Discovery and Development Services Division and you will be responsible for leading and managing the in vitro and in vivo toxicology and pharmacology operations at the Dundee site.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Head of Toxicology Operations will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. In conjunction with Site Director (Dundee), lead, resource plan and execute the toxicology and pharmacology services.
2. Act as laboratory leader and train all other members of the toxicology and pharmacology group across all sites to be able to develop and validate assays in support of studies to current industry and regulatory (FDA/EMEA) standards. Provide regulatory expertise for in vivo and in vitro studies across all IDDS sites
3. Lead and author scientific publications, SOPs and other business process documents
4. Operate in line with the company protocols and business strategy
5. Pro-actively identify opportunities for continuous improvement, profitability, quality and efficient ways of working.
6. Assist with analysis planning and defining the scope of analysis in relation to instruments available. You will also generate a culture of collaboration and team work.
7. Assisting with initiating, managing and controlling contracts and managing commercial issues regarding laboratories and facility.
A full job description can be provided on application.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Head of Toxicology Operations we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. At least a BSc in a relevant discipline (eg. toxicology, bioanalysis, pharmacology, immunology, metabolism), plus proven operational management experience (eg. working as a Study Director, Principal Investigator or Analytical Manager, etc).
2. Proven industry knowledge and experience of toxicology, bioanalysis or pharmacology studies (in vitro and/or in vivo) essential.
3. You will be a strong people manager, with experience of GLP regulations, operational excellence and customer/market awareness.
Note: This role is based at the Dundee site, however you will be expected to travel to other UK sites on occasion, therefore we are looking for someone who can be flexible with regards to travelling.
Key Words: toxicology | bioanalysis | pharmacology | DMPK | pre clinical | management | head of department | CRPO| GLP
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.