J3918KentPharmaceutical Engineering Permanent£30,000 to £40,000 per annumFull Time17/05/2017Health & Safety
Engineering - Health & Safety
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Health and Safety Manager
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Health and Safety Manager to join a leading pharmaceutical business based in the Kent area. As the ... View Job
Project Engineer (Electrical)
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Project Engineer (Electrical) to join a leading Biotechnology business based in the Kent area. As t... View Job
Device Development Manager
We are currently looking for a Device Development Manager to join a Global Pharmaceutical business based in the Berkshire area. As the Device Developm... View Job
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Health and Safety Lead to join a leading pharmaceutical business based in the Kent area. As the Health and Safety Lead you will support the EHS Manager to lead and manage safety activities and culture across one of the pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Health and Safety Lead will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Provision of professional knowledge for Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) issues across the site. Promote safe working behaviour and raising EHS awareness.
2. Responsible for understanding the requirements, and legislation, of the relevant regulatory authorities, e.g. HSE, Environment Agency, Water Authority and communicating that information to management.
3. Keeping up to date with new EHS legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all EHS legislation and any developments that could affect the site.
4. Facilitate the investigation into any EHS incidents that occur or originate on site, identifying all causes and making recommendations to prevent recurrence.
5. Proactive involvement in all new processes and projects, or changes to process, to ensure the adoption of best practice and consistency with regulatory requirements, including facilitation of HAZOP studies.
6. Carrying out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced. Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented. Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Health and Safety Lead we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a scientific, engineering or similar subject matter. Equivalent Health and Safety experience and qualifications will also be considered. NEBOSH certification is essential.
2. Proven industry experience within a pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing environment is essential.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with conducting HAZOP studies and Process Safety. Technical knowledge of COMAH regulations
Key Words: Health | Safety | Environmental | EHS | NEBOSH | COMAH | HAZOP | IOSH | Pharmaceutical | Chemical | Manufacturing | Production
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.