Job Reference: J5637703
Status: Open to Applications
Are you an experienced Health and Safety Officer looking for an exciting new job opportunity?
We are currently looking for a Health and Safety Officer to join a growing chemicals company based in the County Roscommon area of Ireland. The company manufacture fine chemicals and supply the food, pharmaceutical, fragrance and cosmetics / toiletries sectors.
As the Health and Safety Officer you will be responsible for the implementation of the health and safety management system by way of the organisations policies and SOPs, whilst working on continuously improving current systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your duties as the Health & Safety Officer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Maintain the safety incident and near miss reporting system whilst simultaneously supporting management with investigations to determine route cause analysis and the necessary preventative actions.
2. Carry out risk assessments and auditing, regular safety inspections, and administration of the safety management system and associated documentation.
3. Implementation of the site safety plan, maintaining safety records, and provision of safety training in-house.
4. Holding an advisory role to plant supervisors in relation to permitting, assisting with EHS review of batch sheets and process safety view.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Health & Safety Officer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Tertiary qualifications in the occupational health and safety field, desirably working towards a chartered status with a recognised health and safety body (IOSH, CIEH, IEMA)
2. Health and safety experience within an industrial setting. Having experience within a Chemical or Pharmaceutical setting is desirable.
3. Working within a certified management system such as ISO 14001/45001.
4. Previous experience of delivering training sessions to staff and communicating with regulatory/government bodies.
Key Words: Health and Safety | Officer | Chemical Manufacturing | CAPA | IOSH | COSHH
Interested in this job? Apply for this position now!
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.