Job Reference: J5631735
Updated On: 18/06/2019
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Image Analysis / Data Scientist to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Image Analysis / Data Scientist you will be responsible for creating new methods and algorithms in image analysis, signal processing or statistical interference. It also may involve implementation and testing of the equipment, working alongside optics scientists.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Image Analysis / Data Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As an image analyst you will be optimising DNA sequencing instrumentation and data from laboratory assays.
2. You will be developing efficient methods for image analysis and signal processing whilst investigating and modelling performance of technical methods.
3. As an image analyst / data scientist you will be implementing numerical algorithms in C and C++.
4. Collaborating with scientist from different disciplines such as optics and chemistry across multiple sites.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Image Analysis / Data Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other relevant discipline
2. Proven industry or research experience in image analysis or graphics or visualization techniques.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with application of statistical inference in a research environment, E.g. Bayesian, machine learning, clustering algorithms, maximum likelihood and other parameter estimation methods or Monte-Carlo sampling.
4. Experience with scientific software development in C or C++, ability to script in Pyton is desirable.
Key Words: Image Analysis, Data Scientist, Data, Algorithms, C, C++, Machine Learning, Signal Processing, DNA, Instrumentation, Sequencing, Python, Analysis
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Informatics Platform Programmer
Cambridgeshire | £50,000 - £80,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Senior Informatics Platform Programmer to join a leading bio company based in the Cambridgeshire area focusing on personalised medicine. As the Senior Informatics Platfo...Science
View & Apply
Software QA Manager
London, London | £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Software QA Manager to join a leading biotech/pharmaceutical software company based in the London area. As the Software QA Manager you will be responsible for ensuring a...Science
View & Apply