Job Reference: J5632296
Updated On: 02/10/2019
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewHRS are currently looking for a In vitro Immunologist to join a leading Biotech company to be part of the translational research team. As the In vitro Immunologist you will be responsible for the characterisation of the AAV-induced immune response in humans and mice using in-vitro assays. This is a great opportunity for a scientist either from an academic background or industry that is looking to gain experience within the cell and gene therapy space.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the In vitro Immunologist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Develop a range of assays, including flow cytometry, qPCR, Western Blot, ELISA to support in vitro and in vivo model development.
2. Designing ex vivo and in vitro immunological and cell based assays to assess immunogenicty of AAV constructs.
3. You will be maintaining primary cell cultures and cell lines.
4. You will be maintaining and developing protocols and data, as well as present data in internal meetings.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the In Vitro Immunologist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in biological sciences including and not limited to immunology, biochemistry, biology etc.
2. Proven experience in designing ex vivo and in vitro immunological and cell biology techniques including splenocyte antigen recall, ELISPOT, Luminex, multi-colour flow cytometry, ELISAs, qPCR.
3. Ability to take initiative, work independently and take on and drive new challenges.
Key Words: splenocyte antigen recall / ELISPOT/ Luminex / flow cytometry / ELISA / qPCR / enzyme activity assay / Cell Culture / Ex vivo / In vitro / In vivo / Immunology / Cell Based Assays / Assay / AAV / Cell and Gene Therapy
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Scientist - Neuroscience
Edinburgh, Mid Lothian | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for an experienced and ambitious Senior Scientist - Neuroscience to join a leading life sciences company based in the Edinburgh area. Our client are known for offering special...Science
View & Apply
QC Team Leader
London | £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a QC Team Leader to join a leading Cell and Gene Therapy company based in the London area. As the QC Team Leader you will be responsible for managing a team of scientists ...Science
View & Apply
Senior Research Associate - Molecular Biology
Hertfordshire | £28,000 - £38,000 per day
We are currently looking for a Senior Research Associate - Molecular Biology to join a leading Cell and Gene Therapy company based in Stevenage. As the Senior Research Associate - Molecular Biology yo...Science
View & Apply