Job Reference: J5632050
Updated On: 21/08/2019
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewHRS are currently looking for a In-Vivo Scientist to join a leading Cell and Gene Therapy organisation based in Stevenage. As the In-Vivo Scientist you will contribute towards the development of a new class of medicines with this growing biotech company.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the In-Vivo Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will perform licensed procedures and carry out collection and processing of samples and tissues (ex-vivo tissue processing).
2. As the Senior In-Vivo Scientist , you will perform dosing of animals and work with small animal model organisms (rodents) for novel therapeutic purposes.
3. You will be performing analytical tests on RNA, DNA and Protein samples. You will use routinely q-PCR, WB and ELISA.
4.You will be responsible for cell culturing and their maintenance.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the In-Vivo Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences field (e.g. Microbiology, Biology, Biochemistry etc.) in addition to laboratory experience.
2. Proven industry experience of in vivo studies with rodents.
3. Holder of a Personal Home Office Licence and proven industry experience in an animal facility with knowledge of the relevant Health and Safety legislation.
Key Words: Biology | in vivo studies | Drug Discovery | genetics | Home Office Licence | Disease Models | Microbiome | Technician
Other jobs with similar skills
Cheshire | Experience Dependant
Are you an experienced Principal Scientist who holds a Home Office Project License, looking to take your next steps with a growing CRO? We are currently looking for a Principal Scientist to join a ...Science
View & Apply
Hertfordshire | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a QC Scientist to join a leading biotechnology company based in the Herfordshire area. As the QC Scientist you will be responsible for supporting the QC manager in establi...Science
View & Apply