Equipment and Facilities Engineer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Equipment and Facilities Engineer to join a leading life sciences measurement and testing company based in th... View Job
Project Engineer (Electrical)
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Project Engineer (Electrical) to join a leading Biotechnology business based in the Kent area. As t... View Job
Health and Safety Lead
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Health and Safety Lead to join a leading pharmaceutical business based in the Kent area. As the Hea... View Job
We are currently looking two Instrumentation Technicians to join a leading Pharmaceutical manufacturing organisation based in the Kent area. One of the positions will be based on a double day shift, 06:00 - 14:00, and the second will be a combination of days and nights. As the Instrumentation Technician you will be responsible for a variety of engineering activities, including maintenance, fault rectification, installation / commission, engineering improvements and de-commissioning.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Instrumentation Technician will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Prioritises and carry out engineering work as required by the client's to ensure that the plant / equipment is available to meet the manufacturing standard and achieves the KPI's for the production department.
2. Resolves manufacturing instrumentation problems in the plant / services / office when requested, using engineering fault diagnostic skills to minimise down time and increase plant output.
3. Completes engineering documentation to ensure all data required is captured and retrievable to ensure that plant / equipment history is available.
4. Maintains up to date knowledge of all manufacturing and service systems to ensure that instrumentation engineering skills are current and achieve the KPI's on plant down time and improve manufacturing systems.
5. Carries out a broad range of Instrumentation engineering work which may incorporate:
Instrumentation and control systems fault diagnosis up to 415Volts AC. Installation and maintenance of hazardous area instrumentation systems. Installation and maintenance of laboratory instrumentation systems. Fault diagnosis of pharmaceutical manufacturing and packaging equipment. Fault diagnosis of chemical plant manufacturing equipment. Potent Drug equipment, Compressors, Local Exhaust Ventilation Systems. Planned and Predictive maintenance. Erection of Light Weight Towers. Steam boiler instrumentation maintenance. Specialised Chemical and Pharmaceutical equipment.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Instrumentation Technician we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. The successful candidate will ideally be a time served apprentice, qualified to NCQ level 3 or equivalent.
2. We are happy to consider candidates from a variety of process manufacturing industry sectors, however those with a background in the pharmaceutical industry would be preferred.
3. Previous experience with instrumentation and control systems fault finding, installation and maintenance of instrumentation and control systems.
Key Words: Instrumentation | Technician | Control Systems | Pharmaceutical | Manufacturing | Engineering
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.