J562745City of LondonBiotechnology Permanent£45,000 to £50,000 per annumFull Time20/08/2018Biochemistry Cellular Biology & Molecular Biology Cell Culture Project Management – Scientific Innovation Commercial Professional Services - Legal
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Antibody Discovery Scientist We are currently looking for a Antibody Discovery Scientist to join a leading Research and Development company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As th... View Job
Lead Scientist Media Development We are currently looking for a Lead Scientist (Media Development) to join a leading company based in the Berkshire area. As the Lead Scientist you wil... View Job
R&D Director - Cell Biology We are currently looking for a Cell Biology Research and Development Director to join a leading company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Resea... View Job
HRS are currently looking for an IP Manager - Life Science to join a leading Cell and Gene therapy company based in central London. As the IP Manager - Life Science you will be responsible for the protection and exploitation of intellectual property (IP) and negotiation of IP licensing contracts.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the IP Manager - Life Science will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will protect intellectual property from the patenting process including drafting patent applications, managing patent applications and on going maintenance of the patent portfolio.
2. You will regularly meet with scientists in order to become familiar with the projects and identify IP arising from them.
3. You will provide IP training to external and internal teams and advice project teams upon IP issues.
4. As the IP Manager you will work closely with the Head of IP to develop patenting strategies.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the IP Manager - Life Science we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Science subject, including Biological Sciences, Microbiology, Genetics, Biochemistry etc. A legal background or a certificate in Intellectual Property is advantageous.
2. Proven industry experience working with intellectual property. Experience with the patenting process, drafting and negotiating IP licensing agreements.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience dealing with various scientific projects simultaneously.
Key Words: Legal / Law / Intellectual Property / IP / Patent Strategies / LLB / LPC / Licensing / Contract Law/ Life Sciences / Cell and Gene Therapy / Commercialisation / London / UK / IP Manager / Negotiating / Drafting / Agreements