Job Reference: J5636650
Status: Now Interviewing
We are currently looking for a IT Desktop Support Specialist to join a growing Pharmaceutical manufacturing company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the IT Desktop Support, you will be part of the support services for just under 1000 users in the business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The role will be both Support services and Project work in a pharmaceutical manufacturing enviroment to help ensure a smooth transition + running of IT services. The key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. The Desktop support side of the role will focus on helping with Microsoft Windows and Office 365, Desktop software, Server based systems, following system manuals and SOP’s, Basic network, internet and VPN issues, Telephony (fixed and mobile) utilising MDM Platform and Collaboration technologies, such as Teams and Video Conferencing.
2. As part of the role you work on projects smooth transition of services in; large scale roll outs and end user communication/training, Install new / rebuild existing PC’s and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements and Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures, including their documentation
3. The Desktop Support Specialist should be looking to provide a high level of customer service ability in the role communicating positively with colleagues prioritising VIP and high impact incidents and identifying problems underlying regular incidents and contribute to their resolution. The role will include being on call once every 6 weeks on a rota basis
4. In the role you will help escalate incidents to Application, Network, Server and EUC teams where appropriate and liaise with 3rd party support suppliers to get incidents resolved.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the IT Desktop Support we are looking to identify the following on your profile and history:
1. Relevant degree in a IT /Computer Science or similar field
2. Proven pharmaceutical industry experience of supporting IT to show an understanding of regulatory standards, where to find information on standards.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Windows 10, desktop applications for Office 365 and Active Directory Skills
Key Words: IT Desktop Support Engineer Computer Windows Actie Directory Server
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Interested in this job? Apply for this position now!
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.