J562600StaffordshireIS&T Permanent£45,000 to £55,000 per annumFull Time26/07/2018Operations IT IT – Automation IT – Systems Engineering IT – Project Management IT – Support & Infrastructure IT - Delivery IT - Infrastructure IT - Support / Helpdesk
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
IT Service Technician We are currently looking for a IT Service Technician to join a leading company based in the Leek, Staffordshire As the IT Service Technician you will ... View Job
IT Desktop Support Analyst We are currently looking for an IT Desktop Support Engineer to join a leading life sciences company based in the Cambridge area. As the IT Desktop Sup... View Job
IT Support Engineer We are currently looking for an IT Support Engineer to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in the Reading,Berkshire area. As the IT Support En... View Job
We are currently looking for a IT Operations Manager to join a leading company based in the Staffordshire area. As the IT Operations Manager you will be technical but leading four teams across IT Support, NOC, DBA and Technical Operations.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the IT Operations Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Lead four IT teams, providing strategic leadership, mentoring and define the IT infrastructure including the introduction of a cloud based environment with a mixture of AWS and Microsoft Azure
2. You will manage the IT Operations and create high volume transactional systems and infrastructure and performance tuning, as well as experience in full life cycle design, development, management and implementation of mission critical distributed processing systems.
3. Through effective leadership, mentoring and staff development, you will build and maintain a team of infrastructure specialists with knowledge and skills relevant to contemporary technologies
4. You will need to lead from the front and show your knowledge in Cloud provisioning and configuration technologies; ability to automate entire application stacks using ARM templates and CloudFormation scripts
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the IT Operations Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A background in application development with demonstrable experience of one or more of .NET, Java and the JVM, Python, Ruby, PHP, Go and Node.js.
2. Have knowledge of Cloud provisioning and configuration technologies; ability to automate entire application stacks using ARM templates and CloudFormation scripts
3. You will need excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills with ability to engage & collaborate stakeholders at all levels and have an interest in technology
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.