Job Reference: J5635361
Updated On: 13/09/2021
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are working with an industry proven drug discovery contract research organisation based in the Derbyshire area who are looking to recruit an onsite IT Support Specialist. As the IT Support Specialist you will be responsible for a range of IT activities providing a full range of support to the teams on the site.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the IT Support Specialist will be to prioritize user requirements, break/fix analysis, root cause analysis, overseeing system upgrades and researching new tools, queue monitoring, documentation/training material creation. The key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1.As the IT Support Specialist you will monitor the queue in the Service Desk software tool and follow appropriate guidelines for ensuring that the ITIL processes are followed within approved SLAs.
2. In this role you will perform root cause analysis of complex incidents or recurring problems affecting multiple sites and work with the wider team to develop solutions to those problems. Providing documentation in the problem resolution knowledge database and develop training materials to resolve ongoing issues or improve knowledge.
3. The IT Support Specialist will gather and document functional and technical requirements and consult with the user community to turn those requirements into an appropriate funded project.
4. In the role you will also coordinate with approved vendors for orders and requirements for supported sites, and rollout projects.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the IT Support Specialist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a IT or computer science related discipline.
2. Proven industry experience in life sciences/biotech or high regulated organisations are highly desirable
3. A working knowledge and practical experience of using and troubleshooting various applications and systems such as: MS Windows Operating Systems (7/10), Office365, Office Suite, Active Directory, SCCM, Bomgar, Remote Desktop, General Desktop User Applications
Other jobs with similar skills
IT Security Analyst
Oxfordshire | £40,000 - £52,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a IT Security Analyst to join a leading Biotech based in the Oxfordshire area. As the IT Security Analyst you will be responsible for supporting information security opera...Science
View & Apply
IT Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Staffordshire | £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to work in a Service Operations department for a Leading Environmental company based in the Staffordshire area. This would be an exciting ...Science
View & Apply
Informatics Automation Developer
Buckinghamshire | £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Informatics Automation Developer to join a leading Healthcare company based in the Bedfordshire area. As the Informatics Automation Developer you will be responsible for...Science
View & Apply