Job Reference: J5637260
Status: Now Interviewing
Are you an experienced Supply Chain Specialist looking for the next step up in your career?
We are currently looking for a junior Supply Chain Manager to join a growing pharmaceutical company based in the Buckinghamshire area.
As the Supply Chain Manager you will be responsible for supporting the commercial supply chain with the day to day operations and customer service activities. As part of the role, you will also manage general office procedures to ensure processes and duties in the office flow efficiently.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your duties as the Supply Chain Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for proposing updated supply plans by products, with purchasing recommendation for approval by the Director of Supply Chain. Additionally, receive monthly sales forecasts from Commercial and updating supply chain planning files.
2. You will support the monthly Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process by communicating variances to plan and highlighting required updates to purchasing plans as agreed with the Director of Supply Chain.
3. As the Supply Chain Manager you will create and place purchase orders and forecasts on Contract Manufacturing Organisations (CMOs) and Contract Packing Organisations (CPOs) ensuring adherence to contractual lead-times and pricing agreements and track through to delivery as well as ensure master data is set up for new products required at CMOs / CPOs.
4. In regards to office management, you will also be responsible for some reception duties, answering incoming calls, scheduling appointments and ordering office supplies within budget and maintain records.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Supply Chain Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Proven experience in a previous similar role ideally within the pharmaceutical industry with contract suppliers. You will need to have knowledge of core supply chain processes, demand and supply forecasting and inventory management.
2. Understanding of GDP throughout the supply chain and customer experience with wholesalers and third party warehouses is also required.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with a resource planning system - MRP & ERP.
Interested in this job? Apply for this position now!
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Sectors: Pharmaceutical, Contract Research Organisation, Contract Testing Organisation, Life Sciences, Cell & Gene Therapy, Logistics, Science, Drug Discovery