J4870CambridgeshireBiotechnology Science PermanentDependent on experienceFull Time07/12/2017Laboratory Technician
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Laboratory Services Technician We are currently looking for a Laboratory Services Technician to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Berkshire area. As the Laboratory ... View Job
Laboratory Technician We are currently looking for a Laboratory Technician to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Laboratory Techn... View Job
Research Associate We are currently looking for a Research Associate to join the Drug Discovery Group of an innovative biotechnology company based in the Cambridgeshire ... View Job
We are currently looking for a Laboratory Assistant to join a leading Drug Discovery company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Laboratory Assistant you will be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day running of the Biotechnology laboratories and providing support for exciting Research and Development activities.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Laboratory Assistant will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for keeping stock and maintaining buffers, media and agar plates as well as other reagents.
2. As a Laboratory Assistant you will be using laboratory machinery such as autoclave's and be involved in the upkeep of the laboratory.
3. This hands-on role will involve you reporting to the Laboratory and Facilities Manager and responding to ad-hoc and urgent requests.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Laboratory Assistant we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant experience working in a laboratory environment and carrying out general laboratory technician/ assistant duties. Providing evidence of your ability to work independently as well as part of a team will be beneficial to your application.
2. Having a flexible 'can-do' attitude and strong attention to detail would make you a successful candidate.
Key Words: Laboratory | Technician | Stock control | Media | Buffers | Autoclaving |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.