Job Reference: J5631927
Updated On: 26/07/2019
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Laboratory Assistant to join a leading Microbiology Research company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Laboratory Assistant you will be responsible for supporting the scientists in the laboratory, assisting where possible on various experiments.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Laboratory Assistant will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for preparing buffers and solutions as well as Microbiological media and agar plates.
2. Keeping accurate records of formulations will be an important aspect of your role as well as helping the other scientists in the laboratory in the formulation of media.
3. You will be involved in laboratory cleaning and housekeeping duties as well as carrying out routine maintenance of laboratory equipment such as cleaning and calibrating the machines.
4. Arrangement and collection of biological and clinical waste and organising reagents and biochemicals within the communal areas will be among your duties and responsibilities.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Laboratory Assistant we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Microbiology or a similarly related discipline is essential to your application.
2. Proven experience using aseptic techniques, maintaining laboratory records and troubleshooting is essential.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience working in a containment level 2 laboratory or a cleanroom would be highly beneficial to your application.
Key Words: Laboratory / Lab Tech / Microbiology / Research / Biotechnology / Life Sciences / Scientist /
Other jobs with similar skills
QC Microbiology Manager
Wiltshire | £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a QC Microbiology Manager to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Wiltshire area. As the QC Microbiology Manager you will be responsible for improving the...Science
View & Apply
Surrey | £25,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Lab Analyst to join a leading Microbiology company based in the Surrey area. As the Lab Analyst you will be involved in the entire production process from production of ...Science
View & Apply