Job Reference: J5631927
Updated On: 04/09/2019
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Laboratory Assistant to join a leading Microbiology Research company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Laboratory Assistant you will be responsible for supporting the scientists in the laboratory, assisting where possible on various experiments.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Laboratory Assistant will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for preparing buffers and solutions as well as Microbiological media and agar plates.
2. Keeping accurate records of formulations will be an important aspect of your role as well as helping the other scientists in the laboratory in the formulation of media.
3. You will be involved in laboratory cleaning and housekeeping duties as well as carrying out routine maintenance of laboratory equipment such as cleaning and calibrating the machines.
4. Arrangement and collection of biological and clinical waste and organising reagents and biochemicals within the communal areas will be among your duties and responsibilities.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Laboratory Assistant we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Microbiology or a similarly related discipline is essential to your application.
2. Proven experience using aseptic techniques, maintaining laboratory records and troubleshooting is essential.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience working in a containment level 2 laboratory or a cleanroom would be highly beneficial to your application.
Key Words: Laboratory / Lab Tech / Microbiology / Research / Biotechnology / Life Sciences / Scientist /
Other jobs with similar skills
Cheshire | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a QC Microbiologist to join a leading biotechnology company based in the North Wales area. As the QC Microbiologist you will be responsible for performing and reporting of...Science
View & Apply
Microbiology Validation Technician
Hertfordshire | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Microbiology Validation Technician to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Microbiology Validation Technician you will be re...Science
View & Apply