J56341ManchesterCRO/CMO Science Environmental Permanent£35,000 to £45,000 per annum - Dependent on experienceFull Time25/06/2018Chemistry Chemistry – Analytical Chemistry Chemistry – Organic Chemistry Chemistry – Process Chemistry Operations Operations – Business Improvement Operations – Process Improvement Operations – Leadership Chemistry - Quality Control Management
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Section Manager – Inorganic Chemistry We are currently looking for a Section Manager - Inorganic Chemistry to join a growing environmental and life sciences company based in the Manchester... View Job
Site Leader - Pharmaceutical We are currently looking for a Site Leader to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Cheshire area. As the Site Leader you will take the a... View Job
Section Manager - Organic Chemistry We are currently looking for a Section Manager - Organic Chemistry to join a growing environmental and life sciences company based in the Manchester a... View Job
We are currently looking for a Laboratory Manager to join a rapidly growing environmental testing company based in the Greater Manchester area. As the Laboratory Manager you will be responsible for managing the environmental testing process for a wide range of sample types (soils, water, leachables etc), ensuring operational delivery of targets, managing resources and the strategic development of the business.
We will be looking for candidates who can demonstrate some of the following key skills or competencies: environmental testing, water testing, soil testing, leachables testing, contract testing, ISO17025, MCERTS, UKAS, leadership, management, line management.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Laboratory Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Lead, develop and sustainably grow teams in the Laboratory. You will manage teams to deliver quality outputs in a timely fashion and within budget whilst taking account of the customer needs and expectations. You will provide leadership and direction to the team members within the laboratory and ensuring high levels of team performance, development and motivation.
2. Understanding of the team's financial performance in line with Company requirements on an ongoing basis, including all monthly, quarterly and annual outputs. You will contribute to the budget process and business review/strategy.
3. Implement the business strategy to maximise the extent and pace of the laboratory development. Pro-actively identifying opportunities for continuous improvement, profitability, quality and efficient ways of working.
4. Providing commercial and technical advice and assistance to the team. You will liaise with your clients on a strategic level and resolve any issues outside the control of your team.
5. Your success in the role will be measured upon: timely reporting, achievement of budget and commercial targets, retention of staff, retention of clients.
A full job description will be provided upon application.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Laboratory Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a chemistry or environmental sciences related discipline. You will also be expected to have in depth working knowledge within a relevant industry sector (eg. environmental testing, water testing, soil testing, leachables, contract research).
2. You will be expected to demonstrate strong leadership skills within process change, strategy, commercial awareness, project management and operations management.
3. It will be expected that you have experience / working understanding of MCERTS, UKAS and / or ISO17025 regulations.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.