J5571DundeeCRO/CMO Science Permanent£30,000 to £35,000 per annum - Dependent on experienceFull Time03/05/2018Biochemistry Chemistry Cellular Biology & Molecular Biology Cell Culture DMPK Immunoassay Microbiology Pharmacology Laboratory Technician Pre Clinical Research Chemistry - Quality Control Management
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Inside Sales Account Manager We are currently looking for an Inside Sales Account Manager to join a leading company who design, develop, manufacture and market Genomics and Molecu... View Job
Assistant Research Scientist We are currently looking for a Assistant Research Scientist to join a leading Life Sciences Research company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the ... View Job
Relationship Development Director We are currently looking for a Relationship Development Director to join LGC's world-leading National Measurement Laboratory to support and accelerate... View Job
We are currently looking for a Laboratory Manager to join a growing life sciences company based in the Dundee area. Our client are a scientific business focused on delivering the expertise and capabilities their clients demand. The business is home to Scientists with in-depth technical experience in their fields, who are enthusiastic about taking on new challenges. They employ problem-solvers with a proven track record in life sciences, laboratory based analytical testing and specialist consulting, and are looking for a Laboratory Manager to be part of this exceptional team.
As Laboratory Manager you will be responsible for managing all the laboratories and facility to ensure operational delivery of targets. The Laboratory Manager will work with operational management, business development and senior management on the strategic development of the business.
We will be looking for candidates with some of the following skills: Laboratory Manager, Facilities Manager, Health and Safety, NEBOSH, GLP, GMP, Operations Management, Life Sciences, Equipment Maintenance,
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Laboratory Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Facility Maintenance and Management equipment, infrastructure and buildings, planned and unplanned maintenance, equipment calibrations, cleaning, service provider contract management , utility management, planning of space and resources for all laboratories, office areas and staff amenities and asset management.
2. Environmental management WEEE, clinical, chemical, recycling and computer safe disposal. Management of fire alarm, security systems, temperature monitoring systems, key holder and out of hours access on site. Preventive maintenance contract management in conjunction with group supply chain. Procurement of equipment, and equipment spare parts, and laboratory consumables.
4. Oversee laboratory equipment utilisation to ensure timely delivery of operational activities. You will pro-actively identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement, profitability, quality and efficient ways of working.
5. Contribution to the CAPEX & facilities budget process. Acting as an ambassador for the business and in doing so proactively promoting the company brand and values both internally and externally. Communicating effectively with colleagues throughout the business to share resources, technical knowledge and generally support all forms of business activity. Generates a culture of collaboration and team work.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Laboratory Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Knowledge and experience in laboratory and facility management and maintenance, including working knowledge of health and safety, for example, NEBOSH qualified/experienced.
2. You will need experience of working in a GLP or GMP facility.
3. This role is based within a life sciences business and therefore commercial and operational awareness is required to succeed.
4. Relevant Scientific Degree or equivalent is recommended.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.