Job Reference: J5633531
Updated On: 21/07/2020
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Laboratory Manager to join a leading biopharmaceutical company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Laboratory Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the laboratory operations through coordination of the laboratory requirements and supervision of a small team.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Laboratory Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be the main point of contact for all laboratory matters and oversee the work of the laboratory operations team to ensure that the laboratory is fully operational.
2. As the Laboratory Manager you will hold accountability for the laboratory's compliance with Health and Safety Regulations. This will include ensuring all documents for all processes within the laboratories (COSHH, Risk Assessments and Protocols) are written and approved appropriately and are updated as necessary.
3. You will also be responsible for working with the Stores Supervisor to ensure lab services/supplies provided are delivered as agreed and on schedule.
4. As the Laboratory Manager you will line manage a small team comprised of the Laboratory Operations Technician and the Laboratory Operations & Media Assistant.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Laboratory Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences discipline plus relevant industry experience.
2. Proven industry experience working in a CL2 laboratory.
3. NEBOSH certificate or similar Health and Safety qualification.
Key Words: Laboratory / Manager / Microbiology / Operations / Life Sciences / Biopharmaceutical / CL2 / NEBOSH / Health and Safety / Containment / Biological / Anaerobic / Tissue Culture / Media.
Other jobs with similar skills
Research Scientist - Immunology
Cambridgeshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Research Scientist - Immunology to join a leading and Innovative biotech company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Research Scientist - Immunologist you will be r...Science
View & Apply
Laboratory Operations Technician
Cambridgeshire | £20,000 - £25,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Laboratory Operations Technician to join a leading biopharmaceutical company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Laboratory Operations Technician you will be respon...Science
View & Apply