Job Reference: J5635058
Updated On: 09/06/2021
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Laboratory Manager to join a Biotechnology Start Up based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Lab Manager you will be responsible for the daily running and maintenance of the laboratory.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Lab Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Maintaining and updating safety data sheets, COSHH risk assessments and GM risk assessments.
2. Communicating and reviewing health and safety (H&S) including updating Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs), reviewing risk assessments and enforcing mandatory wearing of PPE.
3. As a Lab Manager you will, monitor and maintain laboratory equipment and cleanliness in a GLP environment.
4. Organising and ordering stock as well as preparing reagents and media to provide the resources for the laboratory team as well as, using aseptic technique for routine cell culturing.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Lab operations assistant we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a life sciences degree such a biochemistry, biological sciences, biology, cell biology etc...
2. Proven laboratory experience with cell culture or research and development in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry and lab operations.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with the operations of a laboratory such as lab technician or lab assistant roles.
Key Words: lab technician / laboratory technician / lab assistant / Cambridgeshire / cell and gene therapy / research and development / R&D / health and safety / H&S / COSHH / SOPs / biotechnology / pharmaceuticals / cell culture / lab manager / risk assessment / biotechnology
Other jobs with similar skills
Molecular Technician - Industrialisation
London | £24,000 - £26,500 per annum
We are currently looking for a Molecular Technician - Industrialisation to join a leading Cell and Gene Therapy company based in London. As the Molecular Technician - Industrialisation you will be res...Science
View & Apply
Wiltshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Senior Production Technician to join a well-established biopharmaceutical company based in the Wiltshire area. As the Senior Production Technician you will be responsibl...Science
View & Apply
Technical Application Scientist - Molecular Biology
Paisley | Experience Dependent
Are you an experienced Molecular Biologist and looking for a new exciting job opportunity? We are currently looking for a Technical Application Scientist in molecular biology who speaks fluent Ital...Science
View & Apply