Job Reference: J5635058
Updated On: 12/08/2021
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Laboratory Manager to join a Biotechnology Start Up based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Lab Manager you will be responsible for the daily running and maintenance of the laboratory.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Lab Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Maintaining and updating safety data sheets, COSHH risk assessments and GM risk assessments.
2. Communicating and reviewing health and safety (H&S) including updating Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs), reviewing risk assessments and enforcing mandatory wearing of PPE.
3. As a Lab Manager you will, monitor and maintain laboratory equipment and cleanliness in a GLP environment.
4. Organising and ordering stock as well as preparing reagents and media to provide the resources for the laboratory team as well as, using aseptic technique for routine cell culturing.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Lab operations assistant we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a life sciences degree such a biochemistry, biological sciences, biology, cell biology etc...
2. Proven laboratory experience with cell culture or research and development in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry and lab operations.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with the operations of a laboratory such as lab technician or lab assistant roles.
Key Words: lab technician / laboratory technician / lab assistant / Cambridgeshire / cell and gene therapy / research and development / R&D / health and safety / H&S / COSHH / SOPs / biotechnology / pharmaceuticals / cell culture / lab manager / risk assessment / biotechnology
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Stem Cell Scientist
London | £46,000 - £56,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Senior Stem Cell Scientist to join a leading Cell and Gene Therapy company based in the London area. As the Senior Stem Cell Scientist you will be responsible for direct...Science
View & Apply
Histology Scientist / Senior Scientist
Edinburgh, Mid Lothian | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Histology Scientist / Senior Scientist to join a growing life sciences company based in the Edinburgh area. As the Histology Scientist / Senior Scientist you will be res...Science
View & Apply
Technical Application Specialist Cell Biology - French Speaking
Renfrewshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Technical Application Scientist with experience of Cell Biology to join a leading life sciences provider based in the Renfrewshire area. As the Technical Application...Science
View & Apply