Job Reference: J5633532
Updated On: 21/07/2020
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Laboratory Operations Technician to join a leading biopharmaceutical company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Laboratory Operations Technician you will be responsible for assisting the Laboratory Manager with the smooth running of the laboratory operations through coordination of day-to-day laboratory requirements and assisting with laboratory operations within the company.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Laboratory Operations Technician will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will ensure that the laboratories are fully operational (equipment and consumables) by;
- ensuring that all labs are kept clean and tidy
- calibrating all equipment on a regular basis, including pH meters and anaerobic cabinets
- ensuring water-baths are clean
2. Supporting the Laboratory Manager in ensuring laboratory compliance with Health and Safety Regulations. This will include writing and updating documentation such as COSHH, Risk Assessments and Protocols.
3. As the Laboratory Operations Technician you will ensure media and other internally produced buffers and solutions are produced in line with the requirements of the scientists and ensure that QC checks are performed.
4. You will be a point of contact for equipment failure and any accidents or incidents in the laboratory.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Laboratory Operations Technician we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Microbiology related or Life Sciences discipline plus industry experience.
2. Proven industry experience working in a CL2 (containment level 2) laboratory.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with anaerobic and tissue culture as well as media preparation.
Key Words: Laboratory / Operations / Technician / Microbiology / Biopharmaceutical / Life Sciences / CL2 / Containment / Anaerobic / Tissue Culture / Media.
Other jobs with similar skills
Research Scientist - Immunology
Cambridgeshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Research Scientist - Immunology to join a leading and Innovative biotech company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Research Scientist - Immunologist you will be r...Science
View & Apply
Cambridgeshire | £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Laboratory Manager to join a leading biopharmaceutical company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Laboratory Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the smoot...Science
View & Apply