Scientific Market Analyst We are currently looking for a Scientific Market Analyst to join a leading biomedical company based in the Central London area. KEY DUTIES AND RESPONS... View Job
Business Development Manager We are currently looking for a Business Development Manager join a family owned worldwide leader in laboratory automation company.Founded in 1925 they... View Job
Life Science Inside Sales Specialist We are currently looking for a Life Sciences Inside Sales Specialist to join a Global Leading company that manufacture Lab Water Equipment based in Ir... View Job
An exciting opportunity for a Laboratory Technician specialising in Genomics has become available at a leading Scientific Service Provider based in Hertfordshire. As the Laboratory Technician in Genomics you will be responsible for providing high throughput extraction and genotyping services to a broad range of customers. The successful candidate will be a motivated, experienced lab technician and they will work within the companies Lab Services to deliver SNP genotyping of a high quality using their patented technology.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Laboratory Technician - Genomics will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. To carry out PCR on DNA samples using the companies patented Genotyping technology.
2. Performing DNA extraction from a range of starting materials using the companies in house extraction technologies.
3. Using Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) to track samples throughout the extraction process
4. Maintain and use robotics to handle samples throughout the genotyping and extraction processes.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Laboratory Technician - Genomics we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences discipline e.g Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or Microbiology
2. Proven industry experience in general laboratory operations with experience of working in a genotyping lab preferred
3. A working knowledge and practical experience in DNA extraction
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors and is made up of a collaboration of scientists supporting science. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.