Senior Scientist - Cell Culture We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist - Cell Culture to join a leading company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Senior Scientist - Ce... View Job
Laboratory Technician - R&D We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced scientist to join a growing animal health company based in Edinburgh as Laborat... View Job
Research Scientist We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Research Scientist to join a growing animal health company based in the Edinburgh area. As t... View Job
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced scientist to join a growing animal health company based in Edinburgh as Laboratory Technician. As the Laboratory Technician you will be responsible for assisting in the running of research projects associated with the Company's R&D pipeline, and will include oversight of the laboratory, in addition to assisting with research project planning, sample processing/archiving and SOP optimization. The position will also support clinical work associated with the Company's activities to develop veterinary health products
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Laboratory Technician will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Work closely with the Senior Research Scientist, Research Scientist and clinical trial facility personnel to establish procedures and protocols to support the implementation and ongoing development of outlined internal research projects and clinical trials.
2. Aid with the design and implementation of clinical trials and plans.
3. Be responsible for handling, processing and archiving clinical trial samples, for example, blood serum for ELISA and tissue sampling for QRT-PCR or QPCR.
4. Be responsible for data collection and recording, and sorting and summarizing of data from clinical trials/experiments, ensuring accuracy and integrity of data.
5. Assist in the completion of the clinical trial/research project reports and updates.
6. Be responsible for the oversight and maintenance of equipment in the laboratory.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Laboratory Technician we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree (at least) in a Life Sciences or Biological Sciences discipline.
2. You will be expected to demonstrate significant R&D experience working hands on in a laboratory, with specific experience of qPCR and ELISA, plus some additional experience in microbiology techniques. Experience supporting clinical trials and of GLP or GCP would be beneficial, but not essential.
Key Words: qPCR | ELISA | microbiology | Molecular Biology | Animal Health | Veterinary | Research and Development
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.