J4989CambridgeshirePharmaceutical Biotechnology Science PermanentDependent on experience Full Time10/01/2018Laboratory Technician
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Laboratory Services Technician We are currently looking for a Laboratory Services Technician to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Berkshire area. As the Laboratory ... View Job
Research Associate We are currently looking for a Research Associate to join the Drug Discovery Group of an innovative biotechnology company based in the Cambridgeshire ... View Job
Laboratory Assistant We are currently looking for a Laboratory Assistant to join a leading Drug Discovery company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Laboratory Assis... View Job
We are currently looking for a Laboratory Technician to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Laboratory Technician you will be responsible for providing strong support to all areas of the Lab and Stores including but not limited to Stock Processing, Verification of Deliveries, Computer/Paperwork and Laboratory support duties.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Laboratory Technician will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Stock Processing: You will verify stock received; Identify variances with deliveries; Deliver goods to the department; Provide assistance to other staff to identify stock; Ordering Stock consumables; Maintaining and ordering of gas cylinders and liquid Nitrogen; Replenishing labs and Enter purchase order requisitions.
2. Verification of Deliveries: You will ensure that all delivery vehicles are unloaded in a safe and efficient manner; Sign for deliveries; Report all variances and Check deliveries for any noticeable transit damage and ensure any damage is noted delivery paperwork prior to signing.
3. Computer/Paperwork: You will use tracking system to record; Collate all delivery paperwork and ensure correct stock quantities received reconciles to supplier paperwork.
4. Laboratory support duties: You will glass ware washing; Restocking; Autoclaving; Media/Plate making and removing hazardous/clinical waste from labs.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Laboratory Technician we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Experience working in an inward goods environment and working to HSE regulations.
2. Proven experience working efficiently and effectively in a busy environment.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with computer systems and filling out important paper work.
Key Words: Laboratory Technician | Deliveries | Stock Maintenance | Ordering | HSE | Health and Safety | Consumables
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.