Government Chemist We are currently looking for a Government Chemist to join a world-leading National Measurement and Contract Testing Organisation based in Teddington, ... View Job
Relationship Development Director We are currently looking for a Relationship Development Director to join LGC's world-leading National Measurement Laboratory to support and accelerate... View Job
GMP Scientist We are currently looking for a GMP Scientist to join the Mammalian Cell and Virus Production team at an exciting and expanding Biopharmaceutical compa... View Job
Are you a Molecular Biologist with an in-depth knowledge of PCR and related technologies? Do you have a passion for product development and want to take the lead on new projects? If so, then the position of Lead Product Development Scientist in a Leading Life Sciences company based in the Hertfordshire area is the perfect next step in your career.
As the Lead Product Development Scientist you will lead a team of R&D scientists focused on the development of PCR technologies and will have the opportunity to bring your own product ideas to market for a leading Genomics company.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Lead Product Development Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. The development of novel products, focusing on PCR and genotyping technologies.
2. Act as the internal expert in PCR technologies including all variations e.g. qPCR, RT-PCR.
3. Design experiments and new applications for existing technologies.
4. Act as team leader for a number of scientists of different levels of experience and manage their day-to-day activity to drive the group forward.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Lead Product Development Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD (or other degree with equivalent experience) in a Life Sciences discipline e.g. Molecular Biology, Biochemistry etc. in addition to industry experience, ideally in a product development environment.
2. Proven industry experience with Molecular Biology techniques with an in-depth knowledge of PCR.
3. A proven track record in the development of new products and services, displaying an understanding of commercial application.
Key Words: Product Development | Molecular Biology | PCR | qPCR | RT-PCR | Real Time PCR | Genomics | Genotyping | Senior Scientist | Team Leader
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.