Job Reference: J5633987
Updated On: 20/11/2020
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Lead Scientist - Biosafety to join a leading biopharmaceutical company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Lead Scientist - Biosafety you will be responsible for leading and managing the Biosafety team within the R&D department.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Lead Scientist - Biosafety will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for leading and line/matrix managing a team of 8 Scientists. This will include training and developing the staff.
2. As the Lead Scientist you will be expected to collaborate with the Lead Scientists of the Bio-Analytical and Bioprocess teams within the R&D Department to ensure projects are completed.
3. You will have scientific oversight of the R&D work programmes e.g. new product development, introduction of new process technologies etc.
4.The Lead Scientist will provide scientific and technical expertise as well as problem solving capabilities to QC, Production, QA and other departments within the company.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Lead Scientist - Bio Safety we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences related discipline plus industry experience.
2. Proven industry experience working towards GLP (Good Laboratory Practice) or GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice).
3. A working knowledge and practical experience performing cell culture and working within virology e.g. performing virus neutralisation.
Key Words: R&D / Research / Development / Lead / Biosafety / GLP / GMP / Good Laboratory Practice / Good Manufacturing Practice / Manage / Leader / Matrix Management / Study Director / Pharmaceutical / Biopharmaceutical / Life Sciences / Virology / Cell Culture / Virus Neutralisation / Audit
Other jobs with similar skills
Study Director - In Vivo Biosafety
MIDLOTHIAN | £26,000 - £30,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Study Director - In Vivo Biosafety to join a leading Research Institute company based in the Midlothian area. As the Study Director you will be responsible for conductin...Science
View & Apply
Wiltshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a QC Scientist to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in the Wiltshire area. As the QC Scientist you will be responsible for routine testing and method transfer to...Science
View & Apply