Job Reference: J5637905
Status: Now Interviewing
We are currently looking for a Lead Scientist in Cell Expression and Engineering to join a global CDMO based in the Cambridge area. As the Lead Scientist you will be responsible for developing next generation cell expression platforms. You will be involved heavily in the department of improved expression systems or services for the production of complex therapeutic proteins.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Lead Scientist - Cell Expression and Engineering will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for contributing to the delivery of new CHO-based mammalian expression hosts and vector systems for the expression of complex therapeutic proteins. You will be engineering mammalian cell lines and generating mammalian expression vectors using state of the art assembly techniques.
2. As the Lead Scientist you will carry out phenotypic characterisation of edited cell lines with relevant assays.
3.You will collate, analyse, evaluate and sign-off data to produce good quality information and traceable records under the direction of the project lead. You present your results in written and oral reports.
4. As the Lead Scientist you will work closely with other groups within R&D Process Development, Microbial Expression & Protein Analytics. You will also contribute ideas and opinions to scientific discussions to aid the development of new technologies.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Lead Scientist - Cell Expression and Engineering we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. An MSc or Ph.D in a relevant field (i.e Life Sciences/ Molecular Biology)
2. Proven industry experience in molecular biology and cell culture, with the aim of developing or manipulating mammalian expression systems. Also experience with cell line engineering.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with analysing next generation sequencing data and familiarity with implementing/development of automation for cell line screening.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Interested in this job? Apply for this position now!
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Sectors: Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Cell & Gene Therapy
Skills: Life Sciences - Cellular Biology, Life Sciences - Molecular Biology, Life Sciences - Immunoassay, Life Sciences - Cell Culture, Life Sciences - Immunology