Job Reference: J5633096
Updated On: 09/03/2020
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Lead Technician to join a leading Water Treatment company, this role will be based offshore. As the Lead Technician you will be part of the operational management team and will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing the provision of the water treatment service onboard, manage the operational team and be responsible for the logistics and operational running of the water treatment systems.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Lead Technician will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Lead Technician you will be responsible for maintaining equipment inventory and reporting back to ensure inventory stocks are sufficient
2. You will managing the offshore crew (Chemists and Technicians), focussing on creating an harmonious environment and high performing team
3. As the Lead Technician you will maintain accurate and timely documentation including health and safety compliance, training materials and operational performance certification.
4. You will provide technical direction to improve and develop the water treatment system with specific attention to improving cost effectiveness and technical performance. You will ensuring that the water treatment remains at the forefront of technology and providing guidance on latest developments in the industry.
5. You will be a key member of the team overseeing and troubleshooting the technical function at sea and ensuring a smooth handover between shifts
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Lead Technician we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree/qualification in a water quality or engineering field.
2. Proven industry experience of offshore shift work, living and working in close proximity to others for a prolonged period.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with water purification, treatment or handling systems such as pumps and filters. Experience of managing people in an offshore environment, including knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation and best practice
Key Words: Offshore, Sea, Ship, Technician, Lead Technician, Water purification, Water treatment, engineering