J5167HertfordshireBiotechnology PermanentDependent on ExperienceFull Time27/02/2018Immunohistochemistry Pharmacology Pharmacology – In vivo Pharmacology – in vitro Toxicology R&D
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Molecular Pharmacologist We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a laboratory based Senior Molecular Pharmacologist to join a leading life sciences company bas... View Job
Development Scientist We are currently looking for a Development Scientist to join a leading Antibody discovery company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Development ... View Job
Relationship Development Director We are currently looking for a Relationship Development Director to join LGC's world-leading National Measurement Laboratory to support and accelerate... View Job
Hyper Recruitment Solutions are working exclusively in partnership with an innovative Gene Therapy company to identify a motivated and enthusiastic Translational Pharmacologist to join as their Lead Researcher.
In this unique opportunity, which will be based across London and Hertfordshire, you will participate in transformative translational research aimed at developing novel gene therapy biotherapeutics that are directed against Haematology disorders.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Lead Translational Research Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Establish, design, direct and implement in vivo experiments in line with current research and projects.
2. Take a hands-on approach in the development of disease models, running of experiment and analysis of results through histology, molecular and biochemical profiling.
3. Have authority over the preclinical investigations that focus on the pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic profile of novel vectors and determine the overall biologic effect with the aim to bring the products to clinical trial.
4. To start, you will work independently but will have accountability to build your team and train, develop and direct your staff, as required.
5. Act as the in-house in vivo expert, participating in wider company discussions and interact with other teams to drive the development of AAV based gene therapy products.
6. Though your main focus with be in vivo pharmacology you will also participate in in vitro testing.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Lead Translational Research Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Degree qualified with a personal Home Office Licence (Modules 1-4, with Module 5 being desirable) and extensive experience working and leading in vivo research activities.
2. Expert in working with small animal models, with large animal model development being a benefit. Having an understanding of Liver and Kidney disease models would be beneficial.
3. Demonstrate ability to supervise and lead research scientists as well as directing projects and spearheading research programs.
4. First hand knowledge of AAV or similar gene therapy techniques.
5. Being innovative, driven and enthusiastic for your work is paramount to be successful in this position
Key Words: in vivo | Pharmacology | PK | PD | Disease model development | Director | Leadership | Head of | in vitro | AAV | Gene Therapy | Haematology | Biotherapeutics | Biopharmaceutical | Scientific Director | Manager | Scientific Investigator | Mouse models | Rodent Models | Molecular Biology | Home Office Licence
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.