Role Overview We are currently looking for a Linux/ AWS System Administrator to join a leading biotechnology company based in the Cambridge area. As the Linux/ AWS System Administrator you will be responsible for configuration of Linux based operating systems and deployment and maintenance of AWS infrastructure.
Key Duties and Responsibilities Your duties as the Linux/ AWS System Administrator will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As a Linux/ AWS Systems admin you will be responsible for operating system configuration including software installation and planning, deployment and maintenance of AWS infrastructure.
2. You will also be expected to manage network and security configuration ensuring you compliant with HIPAA and GDPR regulations.
3.You will be responsible for user management across all platforms ensuring you provide support when necessary.
4. You will be involved in development of team support by providing advice on system architecture and acting as point of contact for IT vendors for any outsourced tasks.
Role Requirements To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Linux/ AWS System Administrator we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant BSc / MSc in Computer Science, Information Systems or another related discipline.
2. Minimum of 4 years experience with Linux systems administration with exposure to database management.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with planning infrastructure needs of a company whilst working in a highly regulated environment.
Key Words: Biotechnology, Linux, AWS, Systems administration, Software, Configuration, Regulations, Compliance, Development, Infrastructure, Deployment, HIPAA, Architecture, User management