Chemist - Lubrication Science
We are currently looking for a Chemist (Lubrication Science) to join a leading company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Chemist (Lubrication Scie... View Job
Medicinal Chemistry Group Leader
We are currently looking for a Medicinal Chemistry Group Leader to join a leading contract research company based in the East Midlands area. As the Me... View Job
Senior Study Analyst
We are currently looking for a Senior Study Analyst to join a leading Life Sciences company based in the Suffolk area. As the Senior Study Analyst you... View Job
We currently have a number of opportunities available for Manufacturing Chemists to join a growing life sciences manufacturing company based in the Lanarkshire area. As the Chemist you will be responsible for responsible for the synthesis and analysis of final products and intermediates as directed by the Chemistry schedule. The role will also be responsible for the improvement of existing chemical procedures.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Manufacturing Chemist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. To consistently work to our Chemistry Schedule, ensuring all work is completed within the timeframes, budget and within specification.
2. To monitor and report all batch failures (yield, specification, reprocessing) and any unexpected results as well as supporting and contributing to discussion of any failures with the Chemistry team.
3. To identify inefficiencies and opportunities for improving chemical procedures and taking part in active discussion with the Chemistry team. Maintaining and driving continuous improvement opportunities.
4. Maintain accurate and complete batch records.
5. Make significant contribution to the writing and revising of documented procedures.
6. Take part in additional projects including custom synthesis and NPI.
7. Compliance with all relevant environmental, health and safety regulations.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Manufacturing Chemist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. MSc or equivalent in a chemistry related discipline, plus experience working in an industry focussed, quality led laboratory environment (this could include an industry based student placement).
2. Proven experience in at least some of the following chemistry techniques: Synthetic organic chemistry, setting up and working up reactions, purification; column chromatography, crystalisation, precipitation, distillation, Analysis by TLC and preferably one or more of the following: HPLC, LCMS, NMR interpretation.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.