Job Reference: J5635512
Updated On: 04/10/2021
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Manufacturing Chemist to join a leading biotechnology company based in the Cambridge area. As the Manufacturing Chemist you will be responsible for organic synthesis within the Manufacturing Group.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Manufacturing Chemist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Manufacturing Chemist, you will synthesise, purify and analyse organic molecules and perform safety and quality inspections through a 6S program.
2. You will carry out analytical instrument setup, sample preparation and data analysis, adhering to guidelines and regulations under GMP and ISO 13485 environment.
3. As the Manufacturing Chemist, you will work with cross-functional teams in R&D, EH&S, QA and Manufacturing Engineering.
4. You will also assess safety and quality risks and drive improvements where appropriate.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Manufacturing Chemist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Chemistry or other related subjects.
2. Proven industry experience of synthetic organic chemistry within a GMP / ISO 9001 or ISO 13485 environment.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with purification and analytical techniques (HPLC) of organic molecules.
Key Words: Synthetic Organic Chemistry / Organic Synthesis / Medicinal Chemist / Process / Development / R&D / Research / GMP / Pharmaceuticals / Biotechnology / Manufacturing / Cambridge
Other jobs with similar skills
Northumberland | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Development Chemist to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in the Northumberland area. As the Development Chemist you will be responsible for the development of ...Science
View & Apply
Manufacturing Technical Operations
Cambridgeshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Manufacturing Technical Operations (MTO) to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the MMTO you will be responsible for supporting cr...Science
View & Apply