J4720HertfordshirePharmaceutical PermanentCompetitiveFull Time08/11/2017Production Production – Management
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Manufacturing Manager to join a leading pharmaceutical business based in the Bridgend area. As the ... View Job
Production Planning Lead
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Production Planning Lead to join a pioneering pharmaceutical business based in the London area. As ... View Job
Marketing & Communications Specialist
We are currently looking for a motivated Marketing & Communications Specialist to join an exciting Life Science company based in the London area. As t... View Job
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Manufacturing Shift Manager to join a leading Pharmaceutical business based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Manufacturing Shift Manager you will be responsible for planning and managing all associated activities within a cGMP sterile manufacturing facility. Depending on business requirements the you may be required to work shifts varying from Double Days to 24/7 (4 days on and 4 days off).
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Manufacturing Shift Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for managing teams of up to 50 people with between 5 and 10 direct reports comprised of: Manufacturing Team Leaders, Technical Specialists, Document Control Officers and Training Facilitators
2. Ensure that agreed and authorised production programmes and timelines are implemented and achieved. Facilitate approve and implement unscheduled changes to authorised plan based on knowledge of business requirements outside of core hours.
3. Ensure batch records are accurately completed and reviewed in a timely manner. Ensure deviations are identified, documented, investigated and appropriate actions taken to address root causes. When appropriate act as investigation lead for critical or major deviations.
4. Produce production reports covering all aspects of operations for example yield, H&S quality and present them to senior management on regular basis.
5. Champion continuous improvement throughout the manufacturing facility.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Manufacturing Shift Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. The successful candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent in a scientific discipline. NEBOSH certification and a Green Belt in Lean Six Sigma would be advantageous.
2. Previous Production Management experience working within a cGMP pharmaceutical manufacturing environment, ideally within a sterile or aseptic environment. Candidates from a Food and Beverage background will also be considered.
3. Management experience is essential, covering recruitment, performance management, coaching and developing team members.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.