J3774CheshireBiotechnology Science PermanentDependent on experienceFull Time04/04/2017Biochemistry
Biochemistry – Fermentation / Upstream Processing
Biochemistry – Development / Validation
Biochemistry – Production / Manufacturing
Operations – Process Improvement
Executive – Head of Department
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Process Transfer Engineer
We are currently looking for a Process Transfer Engineer to join the manufacturing science and technology team within a global Life Sciences business ... View Job
Bioprocess Scale Up Scientist
We are currently looking for a Scale up Bioprocess Scientist to join an exciting Biotechnology company based in the Yorkshire area. As the Scale up Bi... View Job
Science Leader - Media Development
An amazing opportunity for a Science Leader to join a new Media Development team within a global Life Sciences business based in the Berkshire area. A... View Job
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Manufacturing Technical Director to join a Global and fast growing Biotechnology company based in the North West of England. As the Manufacturing Technical Director you will be required to provide technical and scientific leadership of site manufacturing operations. You will manage the transition of new development processes into late stage-commercial manufacturing (fit-to-plant tech transfers & new product introduction), as well as lead drug substance and drug product process improvement programs to optimise throughput efficiency and success.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Manufacturing Technical Director will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will lead investigations, process improvement programs and the design, optimisation and implementation of robust biologics production strategies.
2. Manage the Tech Transfer of new biologics processes from Development into Commercial Manufacturing, supporting fit-to-plant studies (bioprocess engineering/scale/COGM) and effective cross training between departments.
3. You will enhance scientific leadership in resolving manufacturing process/product issues, investigating and resolving unexpected or out-of-specification events while you develop site strategies and cross-site interactions to support enhanced manufacturing ambition.
4. Establish a science-based approach to product-process understanding and commercial robustness in line with regulatory requirements, providing effective manufacturing characterisation, control (CPP in line with product CQA & specifications) and testing strategies.
5. Provide regular reporting and presentation of bioprocess manufacturing strategies and results, across project governance and senior management/stakeholders.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Manufacturing Technical Director we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree and ideally a PhD in a Life Science related discipline along with extensive bioprocess development and manufacturing experience.
2. Proven industry experience in technical capabilities across core areas of bioprocessing including microbial expression systems for novel Biologics.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with leading diverse and multi-cultural technical teams, advancing technical areas of responsibility through development of different biologics, as well as examples of leading organisational and cultural change.
Key Words: Manufacturing | Director | Technical | Bioprocessing | Biotechnology | Biopharmaceutical | Bioprocess | Tech Transfer | Scale-up | GMP | Manager | Head of Manufacturing | Biologics |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors and is made up of a collaboration of scientists supporting science. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.