Job Reference: J5633959
Updated On: 10/11/2020
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewHRS are currently looking for a Mass Spec Research Scientist to join a leading Mass Spec facility based in the South West London area. As the Mass Spec Research Scientist you will be responsible for performing characterisation work on large molecules focused on proteins. This is a great opportunity for a PhD / Post-Doc / Scientist with extensive experience on Mass Spec.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Mass Spec Research Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will develop and carry out analytical method development in support of both manufacturing and R&D departments. The main techniques will be QQQ, QToF, Orbitrap, IMS-MS, nano-LC, UHPLC, GC.
2. Liaising with internal and external teams to support the development of sample clean up/ chromatogrpahic/mass spectometry based approached.
3. As the Researcher in Mass Spectrometry, you will also develop junior mass spec researchers.
4. You will maintain the analytical equipment to ensure that the analytical services team is able to function at peak efficiency.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Mass Spec Research Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a life science discipline, including Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Chemistry etc. PhD is preferred.
2. Proven experience using mass spec instrumentation including QQQ, QToF, Orbitrap, IMS-MS, nano-LC, UHPLC, GC for protein biomarker identification.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience protein quantification.
Key Words: Biological | Biopharma | Protein | Antibodies | Analytical | Bioanalytical | Analysis | R+D | Research | Characterisation | Development | Biochemistry | Life Science | LCMS | QQQ QToF Orbitrap IMS-MS nano-LC UHPLC GC
Other jobs with similar skills
Analytical Technical Lead
Loughborough | Experience Dependent
Hyper Recruitment Solutions are currently looking for a Technical Lead (Analytical) to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in the Leicestershire area. As the Technical Lead (Analytical) you wi...Science
View & Apply
Associate Principal Scientist - Analytical Method Development
Berkshire | Experience Dependent
HRS are currently looking for an Associate Principal Scientist - Analytical Method Development to join a leading biopharmaceutical company based in the Berkshire area. As the Associate Principal Scien...Science
View & Apply