J3423NottinghamshirePharmaceutical CRO/CMO Science Permanent£25,000 to £35,000 per annum - Dependant upon experienceFull Time19/01/2017Chemistry
Chemistry – Medicinal Chemistry
Chemistry – Organic Chemistry
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Process Development Chemist
We are currently looking for a Process Development Chemist to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Process De... View Job
We are currently looking for a Fuels Technologist to join an innovative business in the Oxfordshire area that develops and manufactures petroleum addi... View Job
Analytical Trainer (Instruments)
We are currently looking for a Analytical Trainer (Instruments) to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in the County Armagh area. As the Analy... View Job
We are currently looking for a Medicinal Chemist - Synthetic / Organic to join a leading company based in the Nottinghamshire area. As the Medicinal Chemist - Synthetic / Organic you will be responsible for designing and synthesising target molecules for a drug discovery project in lead optimisation.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Medicinal Chemist - Synthetic / Organic will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Perform reaction design, set up, analysis, work-up and purification
2. Perform challenging syntheses and purifications and monitor reactions using the most appropriate methods
3. Identify and where possible pre-empt/prevent potential problems and implement suitable solutions
4. Be proactive in problem solving using knowledge of chemical databases to optimise synthesis and highly flexible in adjusting work plans to ensure priorities are met, working with high levels of self-motivation and enthusiasm.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Medicinal Chemist - Synthetic / Organic we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Medicinal, Synthetic or Organic Chemistry related field
2. Proven industry experience in delivering target compounds using multi-step organic synthesis using a broad range of practical laboratory techniques.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with designing synthetic routes for the synthesis of target compounds.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors and is made up of a collaboration of scientists supporting science. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.