Job Reference: J5631195
Updated On: 22/05/2019
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewHyper Recruitment Solutions are currently looking for a Medicinal Chemistry Project Lead to join a leading Pharmaceutical Company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Medicinal Chemistry Project Lead you will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of small molecule discovery programmes.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesKEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Medicinal Chemistry Project Lead will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Develop small molecule drug discovery projects from hit-finding, through lead generation and lead optimisation to candidate selection, utilising in-house resources and collaborating with partner organisations to achieve success in small molecule drug discovery projects. This includes delivery of development compounds that have moved into and through human clinical trials.
2. You will contribute to the development of a world class Medicinal Chemistry Team, focussing on the delivery of candidate molecules of exceptional quality,
3. Be a subject matter expert in the area's of toxicology, DMPK and biological concepts relevant to decision making and drug design, as well as maintain Up-to-date knowledge of modern synthetic organic chemistry to provide scientific rigour to medicinal chemistry projects.
4. The Medicinal Chemistry Project Leader will provide leadership of multidisciplinary teams focussing on developing small molecule discovery programmes towards clinical trial. You will also lead the assessment of scientific opportunities across multiple therapeutic areas.
Role RequirementsROLE REQUIREMENTS:
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Medicinal Chemistry Project Lead we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Organic/Synthetic Chemistry or equivalent industry experience.
2. Proven industry experience in world class small molecule drug discovery organisation(s).
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with successful delivery of small molecule drug discovery programs.
Key Words: Group Leader / Medicinal Chemistry / Organic Chemistry / Drug Discovery / Development / Chemical / Synthesis / Syntheses / CRO / Pharmaceutical / Organic Synthesis / Chemistry / Organic Chemistry / Synthetic Chemistry / Medicinal Chemistry / Lead Optimisation / Drug Discovery / Target Molecules / Target Compounds / Optimise Synthesis / Candidate Molecules / Small Molecule /
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior API Development Manager
Oxford | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Senior API Development Manager to join a leading Drug Development company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Senior API Development Manager you will be responsible fo...Science
View & Apply
Senior Medicinal Chemist
Oxfordshire | £32,000 - £40,000 per annum
Hyper Recruitment Solutions are currently looking for a Medicinal Chemist to join a leading Drug Discovery company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Medicinal Chemist you will be responsible for t...Science
View & Apply