Job Reference: J5634663
Updated On: 21/05/2021
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Microbial Process Scientist to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in Berkshire. Please note this is a 12 month contract with strong potential for extension. As the Microbial Process Scientist you will be responsible for supporting microbial process development activities and experiments (For examples, Evaluate cellular responses, process optimisation and troubleshooting). This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven and motivated BSc/MSc graduate to join a leading business.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Microbial Process Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Execute microbial process improvement experiments for existing measures at lab and pilot scale (250ml to 200L).
2. The Microbial Process Scientist will be given the opportunity to work both independently and as part of a team on experimental design and report writing.
3. Help maintain a safe lab environment at all times, ensuring Upstream Process activities are executed in line with expected standards.
4. The Microbial Process Scientist will have a good understanding of E.coli physiology.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Microbial Process Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Biotechnology/ Pharmaceutical/ Scientific Engineering discipline.
2. Proven experience (Academia or industry) within microbial fermentation.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Microbial Fermentation, E.coli Physiology and lab and pilot scale Microbial Processes.
Key Words: Microbial Process Scientist / Microbial Fermentation / Microbial Process / Berkshire / Fermentation / Lab Scale / Pilot Scale / Scale up / E.coli
Other jobs with similar skills
| Experience Dependent
We have an exciting and exclusive opportunity available currently for a Plant Manager to join a growing speciality chemicals company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As Plant Manager, you will be...Science
View & Apply
Staffordshire, Midlands | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Production Scientist to join a leading contract manufacturing organisation based in the Staffordshire area. As the Production Scientist you will be responsible for produ...Science
View & Apply