Job Reference: J5631632
Updated On: 10/06/2019
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Microbiology Assistant to join a leading Research and Development organisation based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Microbiology Assistant you will be responsible for Microbial culture collections and characterisation studies.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Microbiology Assistant will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will carry out analytical techniques such as PCR and nucleic acid isolation. Furthermore, you will carry out Metagenomic DNA extraction techniques, Genomic DNA extraction and bacterial isolation.
2. Preparation of samples for NGS Sequencing and maintaining records and data reports will be among your duties and responsibilities.
3. As the Microbiology Assistant you will be involved in core molecular biology activities and complete genomic activities.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Microbiology Assistant we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree or Masters in Microbiology or Molecular Biology.
2. Proven industry experience in a Microbiology or Molecular Biology laboratory carrying out techniques such as PCR, DNA/RNA extractions and bacterial cell culturing.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Microsoft programs, Excel and PowerPoint included, is essential to your application.
Key Words: Microbiology | DNA | Bacteria | Research | Development | Microbiologist | Life Sciences | PCR | ELISA | Cell Culture |
Other jobs with similar skills
Surrey | £25,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Lab Analyst to join a leading Microbiology company based in the Surrey area. As the Lab Analyst you will be involved in the entire production process from production of ...Science
View & Apply
Romford, Essex | £50,000 - £70,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Microbiology Manager to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Essex area. As the Microbiology Manager you will be responsible for providing support within t...Science
View & Apply