J562799EssexPharmaceutical Science Permanent£24,000 to £28,000 per annum - Dependent on experienceFull Time15/04/2019Microbiology Microbiology – Pharmaceutical Microbiology – Environmental Laboratory Technician
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Genomics Account Manager We are currently looking for a Genomics Account Manager to join a leading company based in the Midlands. As the Genomics Account Manager you will be r... View Job
Microbiology Team Leader We are currently looking for a Microbiology Team Leader to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Berkshire area. As the Microbiology T... View Job
Senior Microbiologist We are currently looking for a Senior Microbiologist to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Waterford area. As the Senior Microbiologis... View Job
We are currently looking for a Microbiology Technician to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in Essex. As the Microbiology Technician, you will be under the guidance of the Senior Microbiologist within the Microbiology Department and will be carrying out testing in regards to important pharmaceutical products relevant in the healthcare sector.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Microbiology Technician will be varied, however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for undertaking all microbiological testing as required and will become competent in the application of aseptic techniques with regards to microbiological analysis and environmental monitoring. This will involve Total Viable Count and Endotoxin tests.
2. You will carry out associated laboratory work such as housekeeping, media validation and method validation. This means you will have a familiarisation with guidelines covering microbiological monitoring, testing of pharmaceuticals and new techniques. 3. You will ensure the health and safety, COSHH, GMP and SOPs are adhered to at all times. Any non-conformances will need to be reported to the Senior Microbiologist/Environmental Services Manager and then worked through with them to investigate and resolve the issue.
4. You will be responsible for maintaining good documentation practices by recording results and keeping records, while also contributing to the drafting of departmental documentation such as SOPs, protocols, reports, etc.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Microbiology Technician we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A-level qualifications or equivalent in Biology related subjects is essential. A relevant degree in a science subject such as Microbiology will be desirable.
2. Proven industry experience in a pharmaceutical microbiology environment is essential. This would include the use of product testing techniques like environmental monitoring.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with GMP requirements within a pharmaceutical environment is essential.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.