Job Reference: J5630796
Updated On: 15/07/2019
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Microbiology Technician to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in Essex. As the Microbiology Technician, you will be under the guidance of the Senior Microbiologist within the Microbiology Department and will be carrying out testing in regards to important pharmaceutical products relevant in the healthcare sector.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Microbiology Technician will be varied, however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for undertaking all microbiological testing as required and will become competent in the application of aseptic techniques with regards to microbiological analysis and environmental monitoring. This will involve Total Viable Count and Endotoxin tests.
2. You will carry out associated laboratory work such as housekeeping, media validation and method validation. This means you will have a familiarisation with guidelines covering microbiological monitoring, testing of pharmaceuticals and new techniques.
3. You will ensure the health and safety, COSHH, GMP and SOPs are adhered to at all times. Any non-conformances will need to be reported to the Senior Microbiologist/Environmental Services Manager and then worked through with them to investigate and resolve the issue.
4. You will be responsible for maintaining good documentation practices by recording results and keeping records, while also contributing to the drafting of departmental documentation such as SOPs, protocols, reports, etc.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Microbiology Technician we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A-level qualifications or equivalent in Biology related subjects is essential. A relevant degree in a science subject such as Microbiology will be desirable.
2. Proven industry experience in a pharmaceutical microbiology environment is essential. This would include the use of product testing techniques like environmental monitoring.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with GMP requirements within a pharmaceutical environment is essential.
Key Words: Microbiology, Biology, Laboratory Technician, GMP, Pharmaceutical, SOPs, COSHH, Laboratory, Testing, Product Testing, Environmental Monitoring, Aseptic Techniques, Microbiological Analysis
Other jobs with similar skills
Essex, Essex | £20,000 - £24,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a QC Microbiologist to join a leading Research and Development company based in the Essex area. As the QC Microbiologist you will be responsible for performing batch relea...Science
View & Apply
QC Microbiology Manager
Salisbury | £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a QC Microbiology Manager to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Wiltshire area. As the QC Microbiology Manager you will be responsible for improving the...Science
View & Apply