Job Reference: J5633251
Updated On: 04/05/2020
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Microbiology Technician to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Essex area. As the Microbiology Technician you will be responsible for undertaking all microbiological testing as required and becoming competent in the application of aseptic techniques with regards to microbiological analysis and environmental monitoring.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Microbiology Technician will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will maintain close liaison with other departments, offering specialist involvement when required and with regards to sterility assurance and microbial contamination issues.
2. As the Microbiology Technician you will be responsible for ensuring good documentation practices by recording results and maintaining records as well as contributing to the drafting of departmental documentation such as SOPs, protocols and reports.
3. You will also perform the environmental monitoring of a range of manufacturing areas and systems in accordance with GMP.
4. In the event of non-conformances, you will report to the Senior Microbiologist/Environmental Services Manager and work with them to investigate and resolve the issue. This will include performing the associated laboratory work.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Microbiology Technician we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Microbiology or Life Sciences related discipline plus industry experience.
2. Proven industry experience in a microbiology laboratory within a pharmaceutical environment manufacturing to MHRA and/or FDA standards.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience of microbiology techniques and GMP requirements.
Key Words: Microbiology, Laboratory, Technician, Pharmaceutical, Biopharmaceutical, Environmental, Monitoring, GMP, COSHH, MHRA, FDA, Manufacturing, Aseptic, Endotoxin, Bioburden, Sterility, Aseptic
Other jobs with similar skills
Scotland | £25,000 - £29,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Scientist (in-vitro) to join a leading pharmaceutical company based near the Edinburgh area. As the Scientist you will be responsible for laboratory sample processing an...Science
View & Apply
West Midlands, Midlands | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a QC Microbiologist to join a leading Biopharmaceutical Company based in the West Midlands area. As the QC Microbiologist you will work in a start of the art Biologics man...Science
View & Apply