Job Reference: J5631924
Updated On: 25/07/2019
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewHyper Recruitment Solutions are currently looking for a Molecular Biologist to join a leading Life Science company based in Richmond. As the Molecular Biologist, you will be responsible for delivering research projects involving industry and academic collaborations. You will be involved in various research areas including and not limited to synthetic biology, microbiology, precision medicine and food. You will use your experience with NGS, PCR, RNA and DNA extraction. This is a great opportunity for someone from strong academic background (PhD and/or Post-Doc) or someone that is looking to continue their career in Research.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Molecular Biologist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be developing and validation new methods, using cutting edge technology, including digital PCR, Sequencing etc.
2. You will need to design experiments and work independently. You will also work closely with industrial and academic collaborators.
3. You will be involved in the operations of the day to day direction of the projects.
4. Keep up to date with new technologies in molecular biology, such as digital PCR, cell-free DNA analysis, cell free DNA extraction, PCR assay, sequencing etc.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Molecular Biologist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant Post-Graduate degree in a Biological Sciences discipline in addition to industrial experience is required.
2. Proven industry experience with Molecular biology techniques including PCR, DNA and RNA extraction and/or NGS.
3. A practical experience with assay design and troubleshooting.
Keywords: PCR / qPCR / Digital PCR / PCR Assay / Molecular Biology / DNA / RNA / NGS / Illumina MiSeq / bioinformatics / DNA extraction / RNA extraction / PhD / Post - Doc / Synthetic Biology / Next Generation Sequencing / Research / Cell Free DNA
Other jobs with similar skills
Edinburgh, Mid Lothian | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Project Manager to join a leading biotechnology company based in the Edinburgh area. This new role of Project Manager will report directly to the Head of Project Del...Science
View & Apply
Assay Development Technical Specialist
Bridgend | £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Technical Specialist to join a leading Stem Cell Therapeutics company based in the Bridgend area. As the Technical Specialist you will be responsible for being the point...Science
View & Apply