J4138CambridgeshirePharmaceutical Biotechnology PermanentDependent on Experience Full Time10/07/2017Cellular Biology & Molecular Biology
R&D – Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Bioanalytical Science Manager
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Bioanalytical Science Manager to join a global life sciences company based in the Berkshire ... View Job
Scientist - Assay Development
We currently have an excellent opportunity available for a Scientist with experience of Assay Development to join a growing biotech company based in t... View Job
Team Leader - Bioassay
We have an exciting opportunity for a for a Team Leader in Bioassay to join a global life sciences company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Te... View Job
We are currently looking for a Molecular Biology Scientist - Cell Line Development (CLD) to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Molecular Biology Scientist - Cell Line Development you will be responsible for the advancement of innovative technologies and CLD projects to support the generation of therapeutic biologics.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Molecular Biology Scientist - Cell Line Development will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Serve as subject matter expert on Project Teams for early and late-stage projects and Conduct stable cell line development projects including planning, designing of expression vectors and partial execution.
2. Liaise and coordinate CLD projects with Process Development and Process Analytical groups.
3. Develop, evaluate, optimize and implement novel technologies, methods and third party technology for process improvement.
4. Write Working Instructions, technical reports and mentor junior staff.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Molecular Biology Scientist - Cell Line Development we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry or a Related discipline in addition to industry experience.
2. Proven industry experience in of Molecular Biology (e.g. PCR, Vector Construction, Northern Blot) and Practical knowledge of working with mammalian cell culture techniques (suspension and adherent cells) in various scales, from multi-wells to small scale bioreactors
3. A working knowledge and practical experience in developing stable cell lines (transfections, selection of clones, cryopreservation, clonality) as well as experience with automation in cell culture and product analysis (FACS, Octet, Biacore), is highly desirable.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.