Job Reference: J5636704
Status: Now Interviewing
We are currently looking for a Molecular Biology Scientist to join a leading Antibody Discovery company based in the Cambridge area. This is a Global Biotechnology company focused on partnering with leading Biopharmaceutical organisation to develop novel Antibodies using their propitiatory Antibody Discovery Platform. Their UK site will focus on the development of this platform and will address key questions and solutions for in vivo drug discovery.
As the Molecular Biology Scientist you will be responsible for the development and execution of cloning methodologies to assemble complex vectors for the engineering of in vitro and in vivo models for Antibody discovery and development.
This opportunity would suit a graduate scientist early on in their career who is passionate about Molecular Biology and keen to develop their career in the area of Drug Discovery.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your duties as the Molecular Biology Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Use cutting edge technology to assemble complex Vectors for the cloning of genomic loci for the discovery and development of novel Antibodies. Different cloning methodologies include Gibson Assembly and Golden Gate cloning.
2. Performing sequencing activities to validate vectors and using Bioinformatic tools for data analysis.
3. Develop and run genotying assays including but not limited to PCR, qPCR, RT-qPCR
4. Work closely with a growing team to meet project deliverables and analyse and present data to the wider company.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Molecular Biology Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree at BSc or MSc level where you have gained some industry experience in Molecular Biology or a recent PhD graduate where you focused on Molecular Biology and cloning strategies.
2. Proven experience with a range of Molecualr Biology techniques including but not limited to PCR, Primer design, Vector design, Vector construction, Cloning and sequencing.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with cloning techniques, including but not limited to, Gibson Assembly, Recombineering, In Fusion and Golden Gate cloning. Experience with CRISPR would be beneficial but not required.
Key Words: Molecular Biology | Antibody Discovery | Antibody Engineering | Antibody Humanisation | PCR | qPCR | RT-PCR | RT-qPCR | Golden Gate | Gibson Assembly | In Fusion | Recombineering | CRISPR | Bioinformaitcs | Primer Design | Tissue Culture | Genotyping | in Vivo | Mouse model development
Interested in this job? Apply for this position now!
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Sectors: Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Science, Drug Discovery
Skills: Life Sciences - Molecular Biology, Life Sciences - Graduate (BSc / MSc), Life Sciences - Expression, Life Sciences - Genomics, HRS - *Graduate Role*