J56193Wrexham County BoroughPharmaceutical Biotechnology Science PermanentDependent on experienceFull Time07/06/2018Biochemistry Biochemistry – Fermentation / Upstream Processing Biochemistry – Purification Biochemistry – Development / Validation Biochemistry – Production / Manufacturing Cell Culture Technology Transfer
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Project Manager - Japanese Speaking We are currently looking for a Japanese Speaking Project Manager to join a Global Biopharmaceutical company based in the Berkshire area. You will be r... View Job
CMC External Supply Manager - ATMP HRS are currently recruiting for a CMC External Supply Manager to join an exciting and innovative Gene Therapy company based in the Hertfordshire area... View Job
Fermentation Group Manager We are currently looking for a Fermentation Group Manager to join an innovative Biotechnology company based in the Teeside area. As the Fermentation G... View Job
We are currently looking for a MSAT Drug Substance Manager to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Wrexham area. As the MSAT Drug Substance Manager you will be responsible for providing technical & scientific leadership of site Drug Substance manufacturing operations.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the MSAT Drug Substance Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Lead the Drug Substance bioprocess manufacturing strategies, improving the characterisation, understanding and control of critical process parameters for existing commercial products, life-cycle progression, and scale-up/transfer of novel biologics products from R&D to licensing and production.
2. You will manage the Tech Transfer of new biologics Drug Substance processes from Development (working closely with the Bioprocess Development group) into Commercial Manufacturing, supporting fit-to-plant studies (bioprocess engineering/scale/COGM) and effective cross training between departments.
3. Management of the Drug Substance MSAT group & staff; incorporating direct and indirect (matrix) staff management. Recruit, lead, manage and develop staff, building functional capability & expertise, ensuring that the group as a whole and as individuals have the necessary skills, knowledge, motivation and empowerment to perform their roles, according to global competency models.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the MSAT Drug Substance Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree and ideally a PhD in Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or similar along with experience working in the development and manufacturing of biopharmaceuticals.
2. Proven experience with the Biopharmaceutical industry experience including managing technical bioprocess teams and manufacturing operations.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with core areas of bioprocesses (including E. coli expression systems) for novel Biologics would be highly advantageous.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.