Job Reference: J5633316
Updated On: 29/07/2020
Status: Under Offer
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for an NGS Scientist to join an exciting Genomics CRO, as they build their new NGS team in Cambridge. As the NGS Scientist you will be responsible for delivering on customer sequencing projects, including library preparation and / or running NGS platforms.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the NGS Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Independently, or within your unit, perform library preparation and run customer samples on next generation sequencing (NGS) platforms. This may also include infectious disease testing.
2. Actively troubleshoot process failures, hardware problems and sample related issues
3. Respond and report results to customer enquiries via telephone and email, and provide support to commercial team.
4. Continue to develop skills in DNA sequencing and next generation sequencing, learning the workflow. Be trained on and comply with GCP guidelines as needed.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the NGS Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree degree in a Biological Sciences discipline such as Immunology, Genetics, Genomics, Biology, Life Science, Biotechnology or Molecular Biology
2. Proven experience and a good understating of understanding of NGS, including library preparation, running of NGS platforms or data analysis. This may be within research, CRO's, biotech or pharma companies.
3. A practical experience using the Illumina NGS platform - MiSeq, NextSeq, NovoSeq 6000 and automated screening is desirable,
Keywords: MiSeq | NextSeq | NovoSeq 6000 | PCR / qPCR / Digital PCR / PCR Assay / Molecular Biology / DNA / RNA / NGS / Illumina MiSeq / bioinformatics / DNA extraction / RNA extraction / PhD / Post - Doc / Synthetic Biology / Next Generation Sequencing / Research / Cell Free DNA | Genomics | Genetics | Cambridge | East Anglia
Other jobs with similar skills
NGS Team Leader
Cambridge | £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
We are currently looking for an NGS Team Leader to join an exciting Genomics CRO, as they build their new NGS team in Cambridge. As the NGS Team Leader you will be responsible for managing and coachi...Science
View & Apply
Senior Scientist - Proteomics
Berkshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist - Proteomics to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company's Translational Biomarkers team. This exciting opportunity based in the Berkshire area will foc...Science
View & Apply