Job Reference: J5633560
Updated On: 29/07/2020
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for an NGS Team Leader to join an exciting Genomics CRO, as they build their new NGS team in Cambridge. As the NGS Team Leader you will be responsible for managing and coaching a small team to delivering on customer sequencing projects.
This is an excellent opportunely for someone looking to take their first step into management or someone looking to further develop their management experience.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the NGS Team Leader will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Manage a small team of NGS sequencing Scientists to deliver of customer projects, ensuring work is delegated and delivered on efficiently. Liaise with customers over phone and email throughout.
2. Maintain a good knowledge of DNA extraction, NGS library prep, running platforms and automated laboratory processes, actively troubleshoot any issues.
3. Ensure the team adhere to various QMS accreditations, and GCP when needed.
4. As the Team Leader you will train and upskill your team in Next generation sequencing processes, including sequencing, automation, and running NGS platforms.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the NGS Team Leader we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Biological Sciences discipline such as Immunology, Genetics, Genomics, Biology, Life Science, Biotechnology or Molecular Biology
2. Proven experience and an excellent understating of understanding of NGS, including DNA extraction, library prep and running of NGS platforms. Experience of ISO9001, ISO17025 and GCP is desirable.
3. A practical experience using the Illumina NGS platform - MiSeq, NextSeq, NovoSeq 6000 - ION Torrent Technology, and automated processes.
Keywords: MiSeq | NextSeq | NovoSeq 6000 | PCR / qPCR / Digital PCR / PCR Assay / Molecular Biology / DNA / RNA / NGS / Illumina MiSeq / bioinformatics / DNA extraction / RNA extraction / PhD / Post - Doc / Synthetic Biology / Next Generation Sequencing / Research / Cell Free DNA | Genomics | Genetics | Cambridge | East Anglia
Other jobs with similar skills
Cambridge | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for an NGS Scientist to join an exciting Genomics CRO, as they build their new NGS team in Cambridge. As the NGS Scientist you will be responsible for delivering on customer ...Science
View & Apply
Senior Scientist - Proteomics
Berkshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist - Proteomics to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company's Translational Biomarkers team. This exciting opportunity based in the Berkshire area will foc...Science
View & Apply