J5233DownScience Contract / Temporary / Interim£30,000 to £50,000 per annumFull Time01/03/2018Chemistry – Analytical Chemistry Chemistry – Field Based / Offshore Animal Breeding Animal Husbandry Animal Husbandry - Supervisor / Manager
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Marketing Coordinator HRS are currently looking for a Marketing Coordinator to join a global personal care company based in the Yorkshire area. As the Marketing Coordinator... View Job
Scientific Director - in vivo Hyper Recruitment Solutions are working exclusively in partnership with an innovative Gene Therapy company to identify a motivated and leading in vivo... View Job
QC Team Leader We are currently looking for a QC Team Leader to join a leading company based in the South East area. As the QC Team Leader you will be responsible fo... View Job
We are currently recruiting for a one in a lifetime opportunity to become an Offshore Chemist where you will be located on-board a multimillion pound vessel on the coast of Norway, Canada and Chile. As the Offshore Chemist you will be responsible for operating and monitoring the water purification system which will be removing medicinal compounds from the treatment of water used to combat disease threats in aquaculture. If you have a passion for improving aquatic environments this role may be for you!
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Offshore Chemist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Offshore Chemist, you will be responsible for testing water samples, checking timepoints and troubleshooting the equipment on-board a vessel.This will be to improve water quality and protect fish, particularly salmon.
2. This amazing opportunity will involve you preparing samples, putting together comprehensive reports and data analysis and you will be responsible for using analytical chemistry techniques such as, HPLC and GC.
3. As the Offshore Chemist, you will be living, sleeping and eating on this vessel on a 2 week on and 2 week off schedule (subject to change).
4. This exciting opportunity is set to start in the middle of March where all flights, accommodation and food will be paid for, so if you have an interest in the environment and want to make a difference, this role may be ideal.
To be successful in your application for this exciting opportunity as the Offshore Chemist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Chemistry subject of equivalent.
2. Proven industry experience in HPLC, GC and other analytical techniques
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with water sampling, looking after the environment and international experience would be preferred but not a requirement.
To find out more about this opportunity, please apply.
Key Words: Gas Chromatography / Living away / Opportunity / Contract / HPLC / GC / Chemistry / Offshore / Chemist / Water Sampling / Analytical / Vessel / Norway/ Fish / Protection / Environment / Aquatic.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.