Job Reference: J5636807
Status: Now Interviewing
We are currently looking for an Operations and Laboratory Assistant to join a rapidly growing Biotech company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Operations and Laboratory Assistant you will be responsible for the daily running, maintenance and support of administrative aspects in both the laboratory and office.
This is a great opportunity for if you are supremely organized could thrive in an internationally collaborative environment with a supporting team surrounding you.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your duties as the Operations and Laboratory Assistant will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Working with the senior team to implement new initiatives ensuring efficient, effective, and precise actions are made when it comes to the running of the laboratories and offices, supporting yours and your colleagues comfort.
2. Acting as the central point of contact for facilities issues, and working alongside the Director of Operations to resolve problems quickly, as well as supporting the leadership team in administration tasks.
3. Maintaining laboratory, software, and shipping equipment, and administering electronic filing systems for documentation, including coordinating with the Vancouver CA colleagues when required.
4. Supporting scientific activities such as preparing media, plates, and buffers, as well as coordinating, planning, and scheduling events and meetings.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Operations and Laboratory Assistant we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a life sciences degree such as biochemistry, biological sciences, biology, cell biology, etc...
2. Proven industry experience with cell culture or research and development in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry and lab operations.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with the operations of a laboratory such as a lab technician or lab assistant roles.
Key Words: Lab Technician | Laboratory Technician | Lab Assistant | Biotech | Research and Development | Operations | Operations Assistant | Drug Discovery | R&D | Health and Safety | H&S | COSHH | SOPs | Biotechnology | Pharmaceuticals | Antibody | Cell Culture | Coordination | Lab Manager | Risk Assessment
Interested in this job? Apply for this position now!
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Sectors: Drug Discovery
Skills: Life Sciences - Cellular Biology, Life Sciences - Molecular Biology, Laboratory Technician - Laboratory Technician, Medical - MLA, Life Sciences - Cell Culture, Microbiology - Clinical Mircobiology, Medical - Biomedical Scientist (BMS) - BMS - Microbiology, Medical - Biomedical Scientist (BMS) - BMS - Clinical Biochemistry