Job Reference: J5634363
Updated On: 28/01/2021
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewA fantastic opportunity for a Operations Lead has become available to join a leading Life Sciences company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Operations Lead you will be responsible for operational activities and the GMP technical services team responsible for operational processes and activities across the GMP manufacturing facility. This role will be based on an initial 12 month fixed term contract.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Operations Lead will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will support the development of scheduling systems and tools across operational areas and will line manage the headcount associated with scheduling and planning for the manufacturing centre. It is expected that the Operations Lead will take on a leading role in working with operational departments in developing and managing a continuous improvement program.
2. Identify KPIs and build business cases to improve the processes and systems in the GMP shared areas. Accountable for ensuring procedures across the GMP shared areas are compliant and tailored to business and collaborator needs. Generate, review and approve GMP documentation such as Standard
3. Identify areas of improvement across operational functions and implement identified changes in a compliant, timely and cost efficient manner. Support the Head of Operations in developing and
implementing a continuous improvement strategy and governance structure.
4. Serve as out of hours On-call duty manager on a rotational base together with other senior personnel. Manage the third party GMP cleaning service provider and ensure spend is managed according to internal budgets.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Operations Lead we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Degree qualified to MSc or BSc in a Scientific, Engineering or Business related discipline. Additional qualifications in Continuous Improvement / Lean Six Sigma would be beneficial.
2. Proven Operational Management experience working within a cGMP manufacturing environment, preferably within a sterile facility is essential.
3. Ability to manage multiple projects at any given time. Experience of managing change and understanding of continuous improvement concepts is desirable.
Key Words: Pharmaceutical | GMP | Production | Manufacturing | Operations | Management | Lean | Continuous Improvement | Six Sigma | Operations Manager | Technical Manager | Operational Excellence
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Other jobs with similar skills
Hertfordshire | Experience Dependent
We have an exciting opportunity available for an Operations Manager to join a growing biotechnology company based in the Hertfordshire area. The company are currently establishing a GMP manufacturing ...Science
View & Apply
Statistical Programming Associate Manager
Sheffield | £42,000 - £63,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Statistical Programming Associate Manager to join a leading Pharmaceutical CRO based in the Sheffield area. As the Statistical Programming Associate Manager you will be ...Science
View & Apply
Team Lead - Translational Research / Immunoassays
London | Experience Dependent
HRS are currently looking for a Team Lead - Translational Research / Immunoassays to join a leading Gene Therapy company based in London area. As the Team Lead - Translational Research / Immunoassays ...Science
View & Apply